The Whangarei Native Bird Recovery Centre Incorporated provides help, treatment and rehabilitation for injured and ill native birds so that they can be returned to the wild. Founded in 1992 by Robert and Robyn Webb, the centre is run with the help of a small and dedicated band of volunteers. Entry is by donation as the centre is a non-profit organisation that survives without government help.
We welcome your support and hope to see you at the centre soon to meet our talking Tui as well as the many other chirpy characters which find a haven here.
In the News
- Plane brings runway to a halt - Stuff.co.nz
- SMC Heads-Up: mining, new SAVVY pricing, AUT's giant squid - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
- Internet Party Candidates Online to Reboot Government - Scoop.co.nz (press release)
- Warning after kiwi hurt in possum trap - New Zealand Herald
- Kiwi falling victim to possum trappers - New Zealand Herald